Education Sponsorship FAQs
How much does it cost to sponsor a child’s education?
Currently, sponsorship is set at £18 a month. You can give more than this amount, with any extra going to our schools programme and supporting other children.
What will I receive when I begin sponsoring?
- A child profile with information about their school, class and family.
- The child’s last school report (unless they’ve just started school).
What can I expect to receive during the sponsorship period?
- An annual report from the class teacher as to the progress of the child.
- An annual update of the student profile including a recent photo.
- Examples of your child’s schoolwork.
- Reports on the child’s school or class.
- Twice a year we will send you a news update with news and information.
What does my sponsorship cover?
Typically, your sponsorship helps to cover:
- School uniforms and a belt
- One pair of shoes
- A school bag
- Teacher’s salary
- Administration costs
- Utility bills for the school.
Please note that while money from your sponsorship covers most of the cost of the uniform, to encourage respect and care for the clothes, parents are also asked to contribute towards the cost if they are able.
Does my sponsorship go to the child?
None of the money you send goes directly to the child. Most of the money goes to the school to pay for the provision of education for children, including the child you are sponsoring (see: what does my sponsorship cover above). A small proportion helps to pay for central costs to run schools and the sponsorship scheme.
Can we sponsor as a group?
There are two ways of sponsoring education as a group.
It is possible to group together to sponsor one child. However, payment would need to come from one member of the group on behalf of the others. Please contact us to discuss.
It is also possible for a group to sponsor a group of children (for example, members of a WI sponsoring a class). We would recommend that the children are from one school. Please contact us for details of group sponsorship.
Can I sponsor a group of children?
For individuals, businesses or organisations wishing to sponsor a group of children (for example, a class or whole school), please contact us. We would be very keen to discuss different options with you.